The Hikvision K-series NVR has a very similar process to the newer I-Series NVR but the menus are laid out slightly different, so instead of file management you will see a dedicated Export menu. The Export Menu will then take you to a similar search page but on the K-series the search is split into 2 pages – Normal and Event.
- Enter the settings pop-up by ‘Right Clicking’ on your mouse
- Log into the system, ensuring that your user rights have the required privileges to view recordings and export footage.
- Select NORMAL or EVENT recordings;
Normal Export will let you search by how you had your recording schedule set, so if you had it set to continuous from 09:00 to 17:00 then you can select continuous as the record type and just be shown files from when you had continuous recording set within your chosen search window. (e.g. last 7 days) If you select All as the record type you will be shown all the recorded files within your search window, whether they be continuous, motion, event, or one of the other options.
Event Export is like the Event Type drop-down on the I-series NVR and lets you search for Event triggers of any Smart Event that you have enabled on your cameras.
- Set the parameters
- Click Search
- Select the files you want to export/backup (click each thumbnail and it will go blue with a tick in the corner) or if you want everything just click Select All in the top right of the screen
- Insert your external storage device (USB stick, external HDD, etc…) into the available USB port on the NVR.
- Click Export in the top right of the File System page and the below pop-up will appear.
- Select your Export option and click OK:
i) Video & Logs – this will export an individual Log file with every video file you have selected
ii) Player – this option only downloads Hikvision’s own media player – VSPlayer – if any of your recordings have been made using H.265+ compression you may need this playback the footage as the CODEC is not a standard level of compression supported by most media players. Downloading the VSPlayer this way can be useful if the external storage device is going to be handed over to someone else for them to look at the footage, but if you need the VSPlayer for this purpose we would recommend downloading the latest version from the Hikvision Portal as the version from the NVR interface may not be the latest.
IMPORTANT – Hikvision uses unique partitioning and may require you to format your storage device before using it so make sure it is either a new device or you have backed up any files already on the device as you will likely lose them if you have to format.
- Select your storage device from the drop-down
Once all these settings are in place you can click OK and the Export will begin.
You are set and ready to go
If there are any issues, or you would like some assistance with you Hikvision NVR Recording process please let our office know and we will be glad to help.